http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Just Call Me Crispy

Yesterday, two of my girlfriends and I headed to the beach. I hadn't seen either of them much this summer, so it was a really nice day for me. The simplest things in life, iced coffee, reading magazines, catching up on what's been happening, a beautiful warm breeze and clear water to swim in.

I love the ocean. When I was little, my family would rent a dumpy little cottage right on the beach in Dennis, MA, and to me, those little stone houses were paradise. We could walk out our front door, and be directly in the sand. A narrow red boardwalk led down to the ocean. The beach was on a sloping hill. We could just play in the sand and in the tidal pools all day long, and watch the sun go down at night. I have salt air in my veins, and the first thing I do when I get out of the car at the beach is breathe deeply, to reconnect myself.

I love the feeling of my toes in the sand, a gritty, warm envelope. I love the way the last remnants of waves lap at your toes and make little moats around your feet. I love to look out at the horizon and see sailboats or motorboats off in the distance. I love the way the salt water makes your fingernails perfectly white.

Arriving home, covered in salt, and sand, and layers of sunscreen, I was happy and rested.

I love the beach.

PS: Big things happening tomorrow. Make sure you check in.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh I grew up summering in Falmouth on Cape Cod. Many similar memories. I swear those were the days! Will check back for big news tomorrow for sure!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm mourning for my long distance love...the ocean! I just spent a month in Mass. visiting family and walking the beach every night at sunset ....and of course blogging about it. Nice to find your site!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Sounds like a lovely day.

Here again via Michele.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Fen said...

I've been lucky enough to live in Santa Cruz for the last decade now and absolutely love the beach. We got married on the beach even! And there's nothing more fun to me than getting out and playing with my pup in the surf!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.