http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Not by choice. In fact, I had thought about heading down to the beach for a few hours today, as this week is going to start out rainy. Such is life. Although, needing to keep my foot elevated as much as possible does have the positive upside of providing the perfect excuse for me to stay inside and finish this book I've been trying to get through all summer.

The downside is that I really DID need some staples at the grocery store today. So I went, and hobbled through. What happens when I walk is that I can feel the stitches pulling, which freaks me out. It also is forcing me to walk REALLY SLOWLY. Anyone who's ever walked with me at any point in time knows exactly how difficult that is for me to attempt. I don't walk slowly. I never have, so this is very challenging.

Also, several people have emailed and commented about suing. Please. Stop. It's three stitches. I am not permanently disabled, or even disfigured. I cut my foot, and likely from my own stupidity. Is that what's turned this society so litigious? We can't handle any instances of being dumbasses and trying to juggle keys, coffee, and a screen door at once? So we blame others? Seriously, it's ludicrous, even as a joke. I tripped. Me. The folks who have known me for more than the last 5 years, NONE of them suggested suing because they know me. I'm prone to glaring instances of klutziness. I'll limp about for a week, and go on with my summer. In fact, as soon as the stitches are out, I'm going BACK for that full pedicure I couldn't get yesterday. I'm not kidding. The owners were very sweet when I fell, and very helpful, and it was my own fault for trying to walk and drink coffee at the same time. After 36 years of being uncoordinated, I should know better. ;)

Still accepting any and all offers of sympathy, though. I am SUCH a baby about being injured or sick. Feel free to suck up in that way, should you be inclined. As, I'm a pathetic creature begging for attention.

Now, back to my book.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sully said...

Court, you just weren't designed with gravity in mind.

It's the tiny feet and the giant ... (oh, there's a knock on my door... gotta go.)

8:13 PM  
Blogger courtney said...

Not funny.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Sully said...

...And the correct response was...


"Sank you doctor..."

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.