http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Monday, April 21, 2008

To the Gods of Hockey

Our Forecheckers, who art enshrined in rinks immortal, hallowed be thy blades. I beseech thee, and your patron saints, Shore, Clapper, Hitchman, and those patron saints still with us, Orr, Schmidt, Espo, Neely, O'Reilly, Bucyk, Bourque and all the saints who have done your will throughout the ages, bestow upon your faithful believers and practicers a victory in this contest. Give us this day many rubber biscuits in nets opposing, and forgive us our trespasses, as we inflict taunting and scorn upon those who trespass against us. And lead us not into an off-season of golf, but deliver us to play another round.

"Allez"-losers... ;)

(Inspired in part by Rob Brezny's questions, and a deep abiding need to see round two of the playoffs. I realize, of course, I'm going straight to hell for this, but, the 9th circle is rumored to be ice, so, there will at least be hockey.)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome.

I think you are going to be ok, hell-wise. ;)

One of the best things about this series has been seeing the shots of Cam Neely going berserk up in the box and acting like a lunatic fan when the B's score. I love it. Need to see some more of that kind of thing. GO B's!! :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger yellojkt said...

Hockey? They still play that? I thought there was a strike or something. I don't remember anyone calling it off.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am upset. I hate the Habs more than I hate the MFY.

!@#!@!!!!!!####$&^!!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being from Indiana I was raised a Blackhawks fan, but Neely's one of my favorite players ever. It was sweet when he popped up as Mungo on Rescue Me (one of the few shoes I'll watch).

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.