http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Saturday, April 09, 2005

This is the neighborhood I live in.

My friend Judy, Dale, and I are sitting on the front stoop, enjoying the bright sunshine, breezes, and staggeringly blue sky. Have you ever noticed that no one ever looks at their watch or worries about chores or to-do lists when they're sitting on a front stoop, talking and having a drink? It is one of life's great mysteries, and should be indulged in regularly for the upkeep of one's soul.

Anyway, Judy and I have just returned from a bike ride. My upstairs neighbor is in the driveway, working on his truck. As we are sitting, we watch an elderly woman, walking her shitzu, approach our driveway and stop. She calls to Rodger, and the dog perks up hearing his name. Rodger calls hello, then she turns to us. We introduce ourselves as the new tenants, and she points to another three-family home two houses down from us, and says, "I'm Mrs. Kelly, and I've lived in that house right over there for 55 years."

Sometimes, life really is that simple and beautiful. For many years, I've questioned why I've stayed in this town I've lived my whole life in. Today was not one of those days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.