http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Tagged Again!

I've figured out a few things about these memes--people secretly enjoy all the trivial things about themselves, we love talking about them to others, and we tag other people for many things--payback, genuine interest, boredom, and largely, voyeurism. In the spirit of payback and voyeurism (thanks, Tesco!), I bring you the Lifetime Meme.

A Lifetime:
10 years ago: finalizing the plans for my impending (and now imploded) wedding. My mother was asking me on a daily basis, “are you sure?” I guess I wasn’t.
5 years ago: Trying to figure out why the emotionally abusive bastard I was dating at the time could hurt me so badly and still be so fucking beautiful at the same time.
One year ago: worrying about money, as Dale had just been fired from a job, which ended up being a much better thing for him than it presented at the time.
Yesterday: tailgating with my friends at a concert, and wondering how I fell so far out of their loop
Today: home sick in bed, thinking about my life
Tomorrow: celebrating a friend’s birthday
5 snacks I enjoy: wasabi peanuts, reeses’ peanut butter cups, smartfood, m&m’s, ripple potato chips
5 songs I know all the words to: Celebrated Summer, Husker Du. 32 Flavors, Ani DiFranco. Blister in the Sun, Violent Femmes. Dear Prudence, the Beatles. Thunder Road, Bruce Springsteen
5 things I’d do with 100 million: pay off everything, buy a home, go to law school, build my beach house, travel
5 locations I’d like to run away to: England, Australia, Buenos Aires, I’m not sure where else, really
5 bad habits I have: underestimating myself, being bossy, compulsively cleaning (i.e. finding things that are dirty) when I’m stressed, overeating, wavering about decisions
5 things I enjoy doing: reading, listening to music, writing on my blog, living with Dale, taking pictures (which I should do more)
5 things I would never wear: (like Tesco) anything from Walmart, a tube top, Uggs, fur, Lily Pulitzer clothing
5 TV shows I like: Law and Order SVU, Family Guy, Rescue Me, Queer Eye (though not much lately), the local news
5 movies I like: Hedwig and the Angry Inch, all of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The American President
5 biggest joys: my 2 nephews, live music, learning new things (especially with Dale), my sisters
5 people to tag:
(I only know a few folks who read my site regularly, and one of them tagged me for this--fucker ;) )
Sue-who I hope will bring this to a better level, and use it as reflection for her writing, which is beautiful
Dale-who won’t do it.
Eric-who may do half of it
Kate and/or Colleen-who still haven’t done my last tag
and for the 5th, Seb, who hit my comments through Vinyl Mine and a meme a while back.

7 Comments:

Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Correct on both counts.

11:37 AM  
Blogger guppyman said...

Hello... thanks for stopping by my place today.

Just thought I'd drop in and snoop around a bit.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Lifetime:
10 years ago: U.S. Army Basic Training, Fort Jackson, South Carolina
5 years ago: Married. Living in Jersey, working in Manhattan building websites for companies like Bloomingdale's.
One year ago: Divorced. Living with Courtney. Not as worried as Courtney was.
Yesterday: Not much to report. Work, home. Computer crashed while I was in the middle of a new site design. Sucked.
Today: Work. Bought dinner for Courtney's family to celebrate her nephew's preschool graduation.
Tomorrow: Day off. Friend's birthday party at night.
5 snacks I enjoy: Does wine count? Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Butterfingers, Sesame Blues potato chips, Pizza Rolls.
5 songs I know all the words to: Don't Give Up, Peter Gabriel. Tomorrow, Wendy, Concrete Blonde. Dear God, XTC. My Lean Baby, Frank Sinatra. Slip It In, Black Flag.5 things I’d do with 100 million: pay off everything, buy a home, open a bass shop, lypo, various computer bachanalia
5 bad habits I have: not completing things, being annoying, biting my fingernails, overeating, picking (though not so much anymore)
5 things I enjoy doing: reading, listening to music, living with Courtney and my cat Harry, taking pictures (which I should do more), playing bass
4 things I would never wear: (like Tesco and Courtney) anything from Walmart, a wife beater, real fur, pumps
5 TV shows I like: Family Guy, Rescue Me, The Daily Show, King of the Hill, History Detectives
5 movies I like: PCU, Singles, Run Lola Run, Waking Life, Office Space
5 biggest joys: live music, being with Courtney, being with Harry, being with Marcus, playing bass

7:42 PM  
Blogger mw said...

Michele sent me...

4:34 PM  
Blogger RC said...

The 5 things I enjoy are:

1. playing with my baby sister.
2. playing concrete football on the concrete.
3. playing street hockey in the street.
4. riding on hood after I get hit by a car while playing street hockey in the street
5. eating Suzi-Q's

Hi, Michele sent me!

I made up my own Meme long time ago, and I'm thinking bout bringing it back this week starting with some old questions I posted a long time ago, but not before I was born.

I hope you are having a nice weekend, Courtney!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

This is a cool meme--as memes go! Thanks for coming by my blog!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist. Mine's up at my place.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.