http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Day's Events

Ok, every so often, I comment on this site. She's Tesco's wife, and although we agree on VERY LITTLE, she always presents an intelligent, thought-out point. Today, she had a brief piece condemning the ACLU, along with a graphic someone had created, lampooning both the Homeland security terror alert system, and the ridiculous anti-holiday, all-inclusive sentiment. Later on in the morning, I get this email:

Complaint: I signed up on the ACLU petition and was unable to "back page" because it kept reloading the page when I tried. Why do I have to be subjected to the site's insistence that I stay there and read more of their propagnda against my wishes? I'm NOT a fan of the ACLU and it's practices, but neither am I a fan of sites that use subterfuge to get web addresses from unsuspecting visitors. It totally exemplifies that which I am against, and went to the site to espress my dislike for. You do your guests a dis-service by sending them to a site that utilizes such tactics, in their attempt to get more attention (read: money) from their visitors.

I responded with this:

You didn't get there from my site. Perhaps your complaint should be directed to ALa (mobyrebuttal.blogspot.com). I have never linked to nor signed an ACLU petition of any sort.

To which I later receive THIS:

Excuse me, but on your "Blonde Sagacity" blog there is an extensive article about the ACLU and a direct link to the petition which I am refering to. Are you not aware what goes on your blog? I presume it's your blog. It has your picture, your name, your words, your profile.

To which I immediately forwarded my definitive denial that I owned that website, with a cc to ALa. As if ALa and I could ever be mistaken for each other. I hope she finds it as amusing as I did.

2 Comments:

Blogger trusty getto said...

I didn't know you were blond. Do you bleach?

I am a card-carrying member of the ACLU, and proud of it. I once litigated a case for them with my father, and we won!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love it when I'm confused for someone else, especially when that person doesn't ask any questions before assuming. Very annoying.

Here via Michele's!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.