http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Metablogging Meme

Sent to me via ALa's site; she tagged me, although as I was reading it, I thought it would be interesting to answer the questions, so I'm glad to play along.

MEME from Perverted Republican's site:

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?
Everyone in this area who reads my blog already knows what I look like.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?
No.

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?
The only dorks who email me are already friends of mine. As for creeps, well, see the previous entry for that.

4. Do you lie in your blog?
No. I’ll exaggerate to make a point, but I don’t lie. What's the point?

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?
Depends on what I’m writing about. But it’s not like anyone really reads it, so I don’t know why I even bother... ;)

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?
The writing is for me, not anyone else. If no one wants to read anymore, so be it.

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?
No. My mother thinks I should be, but then again, right now, she thinks everyone should be because she is.

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?
I never delete comments. Only spam comments.

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after?
No. And I refuse to believe you didn’t know what that meant, ALa.

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?
I think they would be surprised to see how quiet I can be in a group of people, especially people I’m meeting for the first time. I think they’d like me regardless.

11. Do you have a job?
Yes. One that I rarely write about on this blog, and even then, it’s cloaked.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?
Yes.

13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life?
Tesco, ALa, Dooce (fat chance there), Jason, Trusty, Easy, and Michele.

14. Which bloggers have you made out with?
Just Dale.

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?
I think my financial status is pretty accurately represented. I’m a teacher, which means I’m poor as dirt.

16. Does your family read your blog?
My sister Colleen does. I know some of my friends do. I’m not sure if my mother or father do.

17. How old is your blog?
Just over a year.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?
I’m lucky if I got that many in a year. No, I’m just glad a few regulars read and comment.

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?
No, the other blogs I write on are linked in my sidebar.

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?
No.

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?
I don’t earn money from my blog. I probably would.

22. Is blogging narcissistic?
Absolutely. You get to talk about yourself incessantly under cover of relative anonymity. Some people create entirely new identities, with idealized versions of themselves. I love my blog.

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?
Yes, since I know folks I’ve never met check in on a regular basis, I feel like I need to have recent posts to keep them reading.

24. Do you like John Mayer?
GODDAMMIT WHAT IS THIS HARD-ON ABOUT JOHN MAYER? HE’S A MEDIOCRE BLUES GUITARIST WHO HASN’T PAID NEARLY ENOUGH DUES YET TO HAVE A SIGNATURE MODEL MARTIN ACOUSTIC. SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT JOHN FRIGGIN’ MAYER!!!!!
I’m sorry, I’ll use my inside voice now. No, I don’t

25. Do you have enemies?
I doubt it. I’m not nearly controversial enough.

26. Are you lonely?
Are you assuming bloggers are lonely? Nope. I have Dale, and my family’s close by.

27. Why bother?
Why bother what? Take that attitude, and you might as well not get up in the morning. There is always something worth bothering about, work, family, blogging, whatever. Life’s too short not to bother.

Thanks, ALa, for the tag. Sending this along to :
Trusty
Easy
Eric
Colleen and/or Kate

2 Comments:

Blogger trusty getto said...

Why thanks for the invite. Come on over to hear "And our survey says . . ."

And Emily, don't despair. I've tagged you!

12:10 AM  
Blogger MorahMommy said...

Hi Courtney

I enjoyed reading that!
I agree that you do feel an amount of pressure and guilt when you don't write everyday. I know I have some regulars and I want them to keep coming back.

I'm also a teacher and sometimes it's hard to balance school, family and everything else.

Michele sent me!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.