http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Local Government at its Finest

This audio was sent to me by an anonymous source. What you're about to listen to is a recording of a phone call to my local police department's dispatch. The woman making the phone call is the chairperson of the Board of Selectmen, the governing body for the town I live in. Her family has lived here for several generations, and own several properties in town, including a liquor store a few blocks from my house. She is calling the police department to report an instance of vandalism to her store.

Apparently, since the store is on the main road through town, she feels it is not her responsibility to report vandalism to her own property because it should have been reported by someone walking down the road. (Editorial comment: she obviously refuses to consider that the residents of her neighborhood may have committed the vandalism, but I'll leave the family history and town perception out of this post.) She starts by getting nasty with the dispatch officer. Then, when another officer gets on the phone, knowing who's making the phone call, and doing the townie thing, she goes off the deep end. Listen for yourself, and then let me know if I should run for town office because I certainly don't want this lunatic representing me or my neighbors any longer.

Oh, and again, I received this sound clip through an anonymous, but reliable source, which will not be revealed.

Helen's wrath



MP3 File

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the crime of the century.

4:52 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

It's people like this who give democracy a bad name. The woman's a complete psycho...I wouldn't doubt if she did it herself so she would get the attention.

Run for office. Your population needs you!

Visiting from Michele's today. Thanks for making my weekend!

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And she has an AOL account to boot! Wish a transcript of this could make the local paper. . .

1:11 AM  
Blogger Jason Green said...

Wow, she's a real "catch you next Tuesday"... I grew up in a small suburb myself, and I think I realized at age, like, 2 that police officers don't magically notice every single crime. That's why they have 911...so you can TELL them there's a crime and then they can start investigating. Get the hell over yourself, lady...

I say run against her, Court. I think this audio would be the only campaign ad you'd need. =^)

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm not particularly someone you want representing you!

Thanks for stopping by yesterday.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Fen said...

That was awesome. Can you make sure that that gets played every time she goes out in public?

"I need some policework! I need some policework!"

People are nuts and she took more than a handful. I don't think I'd ever be able to look at her again without wanting to shout "I need some policework!"

The only thing better would have been the cop saying "Really, no one gives a damn about your front door but you."

9:11 PM  
Blogger Fen said...

And, oh yes, do run against her.

9:13 PM  
Blogger trusty getto said...

Ditto the above.

But what inquiring minds really want to know was, how'd the birthday go?

8:56 PM  
Blogger Lish said...

Wow, she was pissed. I think you should totally run for office.

11:59 PM  
Blogger tinarockarena said...

hey sista"

run for office - brilliant!

your blog is waaaaaaaay cooler than mine

shame.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.