http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Friday, October 07, 2005

Surreal News

Last night was a warm night, so I had the windows open in the house. At one point, I noticed the smell of smoke coming from outside, an acrid, almost chemical smell. I walked outside and saw smoke drifting over the houses and elementary school yard across the street. Not being able to see flames, and as it was beginning to dissipate, I went back inside, not in the mood to "rubberneck".

Jesus fucking Christ, I'm glad I didn't investigate further. When this story suddenly becomes someone you KNOW, your weekend takes on a completely surreal quality. Although not identified in the story, my family has since found out he is the ex-boyfriend of my cousin, someone she was with for many years. She's a mess, and rightfully so, as the details she has are even creepier.

Along with the funeral I already have to go to this weekend, this is added to the pile. It also is bringing back memories of my friend Andrew, who committed suicide in 2003, in an equally strange fashion, with no note or explanation.

I saw the smoke and went back inside...

6 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

OMG! I can't imagine. That is terrible.

Michele sent me.

11:45 AM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

oh man! that IS surreal. here via michele today. :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Olyal said...

I can't imagine how you and your cousin feel. Best wishes to you.

Michele sent me.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, how horrible. Peace to your cousin.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Fen said...

Awful, what a terrible end to the week.

And I thought my neighbors got a little crazy this weekend (some of them kicked down a section of my other neighbor's fence and one kicked in a panel on the nice little black Audi TT).

Major bummer. I doubt its any consolation but this will almost certainly be turned into an episode of CSI.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Lish said...

That's horrifying! I'm so sorry for your cousin.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.