http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Advent Day 6: How Many Versions?!

When choosing this version of this song, I sorted my iTunes by title, and determined I have14 different versions of Jingle Bells. It started several Christmases ago, when my older nephew was just a baby and was obsessed with this song. So I made my sister a cd of nothing but Jingle Bells, everything from Jimmy Buffett to barking dogs. The nephew loved it; the sister still has not forgiven me for the dogs.

This version appears in the BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER, A Christmas Story. It's playing as Ralphie and Randy are standing on the stairs, gazing at their presents in awe.

Jingle Bells - Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters


MP3 File

2 Comments:

Blogger yellojkt said...

I am going to have to listen to all of these when I am not at work. I've added you to my del.icio.us site so I can remember you. I know you come by my site all the time. I should return the favor more.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This version totally rocks. To the extent that anything Bing Crosby does could "rock" (David Bowie duet notwithstanding), anyway. I've always liked it.

The dogs? Hell, I don't have that CD and I'm not sure I forgive you, either. Yeeks.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.