http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

For Your Viewing Pleasure

A Charlie Brown Christmas, tonight on your local ABC affiliate, 8:00 pm.

I don't care if you own it; there's nothing like watching it on television. USA Today has a cover story about this show today; an interesting read about how truly groundbreaking this special was. I alluded to this on 100 Records the other day. Read it for yourself here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, YES. And I'll tell you what: it's the simple instrumentation that makes this album work. When it first came out on CD it was about $19 in the New York area, which was kind of stiff for a CD at that point, but it was worth every dime.

Listen to "Linus and Lucy" from the Great Pumpkin special and you'll hear flutes and muted trumpet and god knows what else. It's just too much.

Now, if only ABC would air the commercials for the Dolly Madison snack cakes, my childhood would totally return.

Trivia: if you notice, they fade the end to black rather abruptly. That's because the last few seconds of the show originally included a message above the kids' heads: "Merry Christmas from your Coca-Cola Bottler."

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.