http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Perfectly Ridiculous Tune

Sometimes, a little cheese is all you need. Now, I fully realize my love for THIS song may be entirely geographically based, and I accept that. But every so often, a song just puts you in a GOOD MOOD, and we can all use a little more of that in our lives, right?

This song is what I refer to as an "A-game" song. The song you put on when it's 80 degrees and sunny outside, and the open road is in front of you, and the windows are down, and the radio's loud. Really loud. Or the song you put on when you're tipsy with your hometown girlfriends, because it is a hometown kind of song, and you want to take the party mood up a notch. And truthfully, isn't that chorus-effect guitar melody just MADE for a full-on air guitar jam? Admit it, all of you. Sometimes, songs are perfect for all the wrong reasons. This is one of those songs.

More Than a Feeling - Boston


MP3 File

8 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

one of the greatest songs in the world. It doesn't matter how shitty my day has been, that song can get me out of any funk, no matter how foul.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It may be perfectly ridiculous, but it also rocks. Much like you.

9:49 PM  
Blogger jlmack said...

This was the 'song' at my high school prom in 1991.
It beat out 'Baby, Baby' by Amy Grant!
Surprised the hell out of me. Sure, it's cheesy. But that doesn't stop me from singing along at the top of my lungs whenever it comes on.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boston was a pretty happening band for awhile there. I heard that they were dreadful in concert, though. There was just too much stuff going on in the studio that they couldn't possibly sound as good live.

The other shame is that big dispute they got into with the label, which delayed their third album. By the time it came out, hardly anyone cared anymore.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Guilty as charged. You caught me!

I still think this is one of the best guitar intros ever.

AC

12:29 PM  
Blogger paula said...

I love Boston.. always have!! Excellent song ;)

1:05 PM  
Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Knew it, all of you. ;)
Rock on!

5:24 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

As hard as I tried, I could never get into Boston. Not sure why....their melodies simply didn't take root in my brain.

I think I need to get out more.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.