http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Friday, June 30, 2006

Reviewed Again

Of course, you have to submit your own site for review, so in that respect, I'm a glutton for punishment. However, since the site seems to be a reaction to the bitches at that other review site, I'm game. Besides, I like people with brains who write well. Sue me.

So Ask and Ye Shall Receive reviewed me yesterday, and all I have to say is, thanks. You pretty much caught what it's about. A few responses to items mentioned.

I am in the process of tweaking the template; eliminating some of the clutter and silly flash graphics that used to be there will be ongoing. The two big buttons on the left link to another site I write for, and my friend's website for his book.

The name of the school in the Far Side Cartoon is the Midvale School for the Gifted. Ergo... whatever. Comedians will always tell you that if you have to explain the joke, it isn't funny.

And the quote in my sidebar is from my original review on the bitches' site. Part of my whole "fuck you" to them. Besides, if the best insult you can come up with is to re-affirm how smart I am, well, dumbass, good luck with that.

As for spelling and grammar, why write if you can't do it properly? When your writing style interferes with your ability to communicate your message, you're just wasting space, and my time. "mmmkay...?" Please.

For anyone wishing a better, balanced review of what their website actually contains, go here. They have their shit together.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

i don't have the guts to put my page out there for review. well, i've got the guts to do it, i don't have the intestinal fortitude to listen to the response.

having said that, it was an absolutely fair review. cool! great to see you getting the credit you deserve.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite part of the review was the paragraph about the spelling and grammar, which included the mis-used apostrophe.

Nice review, though!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A lot of teachers in England say that students shouldn't be criticised for spelling & grammar. Amazing!

Michele sent me here.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.