http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Who ARE These Freaks?!?!?!

So The Telegraph took a survey of its readers about the best albums of all time, and Oasis BEAT the Beatles.

I'll repeat that.

OASIS BEAT THE BEATLES. THE BAND THAT RIPPED OFF THE BEATLES WINS OUT IN A READER POLL.

What.the.fuck?

I don't know if I can live in a world where fucking Oasis beats the Beatles out of anything. Anything. The rest of the list is equally as crazy. The fact that the Stone Roses even made the list is additional evidence that these people are not in their right minds.

Someone better talk me off the ledge here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a lot of weird things about that sequence. Many of the albums are very good but the order is a real WTF kind of thing. Parallel Lines better than Let it Bleed as an album? And Abba's Arrival being on the list AT ALL?

Wankers.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to wonder if somehow this list was a goof. Like if a bunch of bad-toothed young Brits all got together and suggested the worst possible albums ever - but then interspersed them with real albums so as not to let on.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

I hate oasis.

7:21 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I think the recency effect has come home to roost. The morons who voted were probably too young to have been around when the Beatles were big. But Oasis...that's another story altogether.

I just sigh a heavy sigh and go back to whatever it is that I was doing. Today's kids have no taste.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.