http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Friday, August 18, 2006

Hot. Totally Hot.

Pitchfork has compiled a list of the Top 200 Songs of the 60s. Hot. Totally hot. And all over the music map. You've got the Shirelles, and King Crimson, and Johnny Cash, and Charles Mingus. From Miles to Bob to Jimi, and everything in between. The top 20 alone are a fantastic slice of the culture then. And it's not all psychedelia.

Hit the link. Take your time. Let the goosebumps wash over you. I realize I should make all these songs a podcast, but my technology isn't quite there. Soon, though, very soon. Of the 200, I had 42 in my collection. Here are my favorite 10.

(h/t to Andrew, for linking to this the other day)

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Great job, Courtney! I haven't tried to sort through my collection to see how many I have. My guess is, probably not as many as you.

AC

P.S. - Why no Monkees tunes? :)

1:37 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

very cool, I hope michele is listening too

4:19 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

sweet tunes! here from Michele too.

4:21 PM  
Blogger keda said...

great sound and words, i like that. (and the bit below your profile. very funny. excellent!)
here via michele's

9:49 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Nice post. P-forks list was exceptionally good this time around.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.