http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Brain Primer: Podcast vol. 2

The Times Online published this article today, citing a Scottish study that demonstrates that "the sound of guitar-based rock such as Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC and the Red Hot Chili Peppers improves concentration and boosts memory." (source) So, for those of us preparing to go back to school after this long holiday weekend, today's podcast is "brain primer" for you. Play it loud, and get yourself ready to get back into the schoolhouse groove.

Brain Primer: Back to Class


MP3 File

Tracklist:
Manic Depression - Jimi Hendrix
Whatever - Husker Du
Educated Guess - Ani DiFranco
The Last Time - Gnarls Barkley
Intimate Secretary - The Raconteurs
Bouncing Around the Room - Phish
Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
Over My Head - The Fray
Armageddon It - Def Leppard
Love Train - Wolfmother
Hormone Love - Blowoff
Academy Fight Song - Mission of Burma

View RSS XML

7 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I just pushed play and feel smarter already. Thanks!

AC

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney, I AM impressed! Manic Depression as the first track is proof of your genius!
(you must have listened twice)

7:50 PM  
Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Ah, the brothers Careaga.

It's some sort of weird, twisted, buddy comedy, much like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is a buddy comedy, isn't it?

Courtney = luckiest blogger ever. ;)

9:15 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

You rock! Just what I needed to make it through the afternoon.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Jason Green said...

Armageddon It? Yes, I'm a'gettin' it.

WOW...

1:48 PM  
Blogger yellojkt said...

I just saw some other study that says music disrupts concentration. I'll choose to believe yours.

3:48 PM  
Blogger JL4 said...

So I guess the I blew it in the early 70's when I smoked a bunch of pot and lost the advantage that "Purple Haze" gave me.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.