http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Monday, November 13, 2006

Biz-AAAAHHH...

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Boston

The West

The Northeast

The Inland North

Philadelphia

North Central

The South

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


Bizarre that the accent that came out in the lead was Boston. Although, you can't tell that from the graphic above, since the percentages somehow don't appear. But Boston was definitely ahead by several millimeters. How does it know?

Oh, yeah, and THIS ONE was classic...

Dude! You're 100% from Massachusetts!

Dude! Me and Sully and Fitzie and Sean are gonna hit Landsdowne tonight after the game, hang out at the Beerworks. I'll pick you up at the Coop at 6.

How Massachusetts are you?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz



Yeah, I know exactly what's being said in that paragraph... dude.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I had the same results except in the lead for 2nd was The West. Funny since I've lived in Southwest PA all my life.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Shawna said...

My result was The West. Since I lived in SoCal till I was 32, I guess it's right on.

7:37 PM  
Blogger yellojkt said...

They said I had a Boston accent, but I think I'm more mid-Atlantic. I'm also 77% Mass. even though I never lived there. My mom is from there, so that must be where I get it.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scored strongly with a Northeast accent, but the weird thing is that nobody listening to me would peg me as being from New York.

I also got 81% on the Massachusetts quiz but there were definitely a couple of lucky guesses in there.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

I got a zero on Massachusettes. Look, I can't even spell it.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did both of these the other night and got very weird results. My accent was for the Northeast, guessing that I might be from NY, NJ, CT, PA, or whatever they might consider the Northeast. Um...I'm from Southern California and have lived in Boston since 1976. Believe me when I say I don't even have a TAD of NY in my speech.

The other one said I was 95% MA, but I don't know why because I have got to be 100% MA. I've lived here way to long to have screwed up any of those questions! :-)

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.