http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My iTunes Library Frightens Me Sometimes

iTunes History, stolen from yellojkt

How many total songs?
7253. I’m sure there are some duplicates, and there’s an inordinate amount of Christmas music as well.

Sort by song title - first and last...
A320, The Foo Fighters.
2000 Miles, The Pretenders (see? Christmas music in the very next question.)

Sort by time - shortest and longest...
Wherever, Ani DiFranco (same as the person I stole this meme from). 7 seconds.
Sleater-Kinney at the 9:30 Club (NPR Podcast) 1 hour, 54 minutes, 18 seconds

Sort by Album - first and last...
Abbey Road, The Beatles (again, the same)
And last, before all the random, album-less downloads, it is 1967-1970, The Beatles again.

Sort by Artist - first and last...
Aalyiah. I don’t know how. Oh, wait, from a 90’s compilation album.
999, a 70s era punk band, also from a compilation album.

Top five played songs...
Whisper, Morphine.
What Hurts the Most, Rascall Flatts.
The Queen of the Highway, Morel.
When She Dances, J Ralph.
H to the Izzo, Jay-Z.
Can anyone say “schizophrenic”?

Find the following words. How many songs show up?
Sex: 39
Death: 43, but Death Cab for Cutie and Death to the Pixies feature prominently in that list
Love: 401
You: 715
Home: 70
Boy: 164
Girl: 153 (now, THAT’S weird that we have the same number still)

First five songs that come up on Party Shuffle...
My Poor Brain, The Foo Fighters
Life Worth Livin’, Uncle Tupelo
The Christmas Song, Tenacious D
I’m Free Now, Morphine
My Favorite Things, Cyrus Chestnut (TWO Christmas songs in this list)

Feel free to play along.



----------------
Now playing: Maroon 5 - Harder to Breathe
via FoxyTunes

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I don't seem to notice anything by Glenn Campbell or Helen Reddy. What's up with that?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Fen said...

I am totally jacking this one when I get home and have access to my library.

It would be interesting to try and do this without access to iTunes and just guess. But I know I'd be way off.

12:29 PM  
Blogger APN said...

And here's my list!

Now currently playing: Funeral - Arcade Fire

7:11 PM  
Blogger yellojkt said...

That is pretty fun. Thanks for passing it along.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Fun! I did it!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.