http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I Will Say This About Blog365

It's already done wonders for my traffic. Welcome. Hang around, have a look-see.

One thing I'm also going to try to avoid for this next year is writing about the mundane details. Because, as Maggie would say, no one cares what I had for lunch. Well, I may write about a well-cooked dinner or two, like the one I'm cooking for my dad and the Australian friends which will involve an animal I've never eaten--never mind cooked--before. But that's later.

I think that the aforementioned book is about to become my new best friend. Like this afternoon, when I opened up to a random page and it said "change everything", goading me into talking about a major life change you may be embarking on.

Like blogging everyday?

Like imploding my credit report and tossing all my credit cards in order to finally get myself on the road to financial stability, for REAL this time?

Like living alone, and loving it, for the first time?

Those changes? All things that I am either beginning or continuing this year. I told you yesterday, it is the year of my great reorganization. If I take Maggie's advice literally, I should give you all the details of these events, but, I think you're all smart enough to figure out what self-exploration and credit counseling entails.

I will say this, though. In spite of all the changes and challenges, I am really looking forward to 2008.

----------------
Now playing: Ani DiFranco - Recoil
via FoxyTunes

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I must have the graphic that says "I finished 30 days of NaBloPoMo and all I got was this Lousy Sense of Accomplishment. I MUST, I tell you.

Second, really? You've seen a big increase in traffic on the 365 blog deal?

I too, am a glutton for punishment and am a member of the 365 day deal, but I have not seen much of a spike in traffic. According to site meter, I average about 178 visits per day. I'd love to see 250 visits per day, but sadly, it ain't happenin'.

Although I am in a transitional crisis right now, and perhaps that's bringin' the room down.

Hey, I think I'm going to try an experiment. I'm going to try to blog positive for the next week and see if that helps my numbers.

Thanks for stopping by!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.