http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Song for a Birthday

Happy Birthday to a rock and roll icon!!!!

For years, my mother would serve birthday cake in honor of this musical genius and her favorite recording artist. Maybe I should go get a cupcake to celebrate.

MP3 File

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up celebrating the birthday of this musical icon because he shares a birthday with my Mother. Her pride and joy growing up was the signed photograph that he sent to her for her/their birthday when she was 8 years old.

The crazy thing is that The King & Mr. Stardust are only 12 years apart in age (1935 & 1947).

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to 'The Thin White Duke'!! I saw him at the Hartford Civic Center in the early 1980's and it was a great show. (I think China Girl was on the album he toured to support)... He did a "Alas, Poor Yurick" thing with a skull that was quite cool (and obviously memorable), and his band was GREAT!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney, that was me, Alex....

4:15 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Now that's the kind of mother every mother should aspire to be! :-)

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.