http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Monday, January 28, 2008

True Confessions

After an evening out with some of my girlfriends (all of whom, in that crowd, are partnered up), and a conversation with my mother about my "great loves", I've come to the conclusion that I need to play against type from now on. The sardonic, nerdy boys I've gone for in the past have never delivered. I'm never challenged enough, and, I need a challenge. My retreats into neediness and insecurity, I think now, have been attempts on my part to keep engaged. But, if someone comes along to keep me on my toes, someone to embrace my contradictions, I won't need to go there anymore.

Someone who's going to throw me into the deep end of the pool, and wait by the side, because he knows, as well as I do, that I really DO know how to swim, and I'll get back just fine.


----------------
Now playing: Ani Di Franco - Not a Pretty Girl
via FoxyTunes

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

Nerdy - good. Sardonic, bitter, jaded, sarcastic? eh. Often a cover for pettiness, insecurity, and not-very-niceness.

And you, Miss Court, you are very nice. And you have these huge, and inspiring passions.

So maybe, rather than nerdy and bitter, you could go for nerdy and passionate? Like yourself?

11:34 PM  
Blogger courtney said...

True, nerdy isn't a dealbreaker, really. It's the nerdy combined with condescending sarcasm toward anything "mainstream", "normal", "liked/understood by more than 4 people" that gets me into trouble every time. THAT's what I need to avoid.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'It's the nerdy combined with condescending sarcasm toward anything "mainstream", "normal", "liked/understood by more than 4 people"'

There is WAY too much of that around here. Then you find out most of those people watch "Dancing with the Stars" every week. You know, "ironically".

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ok to like mainstream normal stuff right? ....lol I know exactly the personality you're talking about.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ah, I don't call those types nerdy, I call them the DEEP ones. They are so passionate! And deep! And better than everyone else!

Yes, stay away. Bad news, all of them.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.