I Want to Watch the Luthiers
I have two guitars, a 6-string and a 12-string Yamaha. My 12-string is beautiful, and I've written about her before. Unfortunately, I rarely practice, so I'm loathe to call myself a guitar player. I noodle. I wish I were better. I know what it takes.
This morning, reading the NY Times online, I came across this article about the Martin factory in Nazareth, PA. At which, apparently, you can take tours. Where they let you play samples at the end. Sort of like the beer factory tours, except with guitars (thanks for the line, MJ).
Suddenly, I want to stop neglecting my guitars. I do love the way they feel in my hands. And even when I'm just playing around, or practicing fingerings, there's something comforting about hearing them ring out.
So, my Pennsylvania area friends, anyone up for a visit this summer? I promise I'll practice more, so that when we get to the end of the tour, I'll at least look like I know what I'm doing! Pleeeasse... ;)
Labels: begging for a vacation, blog 365, guitar





2 Comments:
Factory tour. With guitar!
Forgot to say that is funny because I have been thinking about buying a new acoustic..
Must be something going around. Ha.
Post a Comment
<< Home