http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Friday, February 08, 2008

These Boots Were Made For Something


boots, originally uploaded by crau1971.

Walking, sure. Making a statement, more accurate.

I purchased these boots four years ago, in the bargain basement of a store in Freeport, ME. They were all alone on the rack, not even a box. Exactly my size. No others like them in the whole store. Marked down close to 90% of retail, I kid you not. Of course, I had to own them. I mean, pink snakeskin Doc Marten's?! Come on!

As I walked to the register, giggling over my find, I kept hearing whispers. When I put the boots down on the counter, the sales girl shook her head, and said, "Dammit, I lost." I turned around to notice EVERY EMPLOYEE IN THE STORE gathered to watch me purchase these boots. Apparently, they'd been languishing in the basement for quite some time, and this sales girl had bet every one of her co-workers a coffee if no one bought them that particular weekend.

I left the store just as she was leaving for Starbucks. Possibly my favorite retail story ever.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Nice boots!

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the awesomest shoes ever! I have a pair of Gold Doc Marten boots that I wear all the time.

Michele sne tme to say hi.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's doc marten?...lol Sure you can show them here, but will you wear them?? I dare you!

12:23 PM  
Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

I wear them all the time, ty. In fact, I wore them to work yesterday.
:)

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot DAMN those are great shoes!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.