Staving Off the Panic
Starting to flip out about this election just a tad. To counter the panic, I'm going to make a list of some things that are meaningful for today. Today only.
Gas is currently $3.11 at the gas station down the street.
The last concert I went to was Bob Mould, on March 12. Bruce Springsteen tickets go on sale Saturday morning. I did NOT get a Buffett ticket this year, but there's still time to check the ticket agencies.
My nephew Max will be 6 on Saturday.
I watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants last Saturday night. It made me cry.
I am 25 pounds lighter than I was at this time in 2006. Recently, I've had to buy new pants.
Trader Joe's makes the best Cheerios knock-off, and a huge box is only $2.00. A bargain, and tasty to boot.
There are things that I am wishing for that may not come true, but I'm wishing for them anyway, as they will go a long way to improving my mental state.
I realize I really like living alone, although sometimes it would be nice to have someone to eat dinner with.
My two favorite songs at the moment are "Gospel", by The National, and "Very Temporary" by Bob Mould.
I've consumed copious amounts of Guinness in the last two weeks. I don't consider this a bad thing.
I am desperately awaiting the arrival of REAL spring.
Deep breaths, and it will all be ok.





2 Comments:
Just remember to breathe. ha ha.
I find myself making those kinds of lists quite often actually. :)
I paid $1.00 a gallon for gas. In 1996... Remembering that made me sad when I got excited for paying less than $3 when I was in New Jersey the other day.
I think some Guinness would definitely help this problem.
Post a Comment
<< Home