http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Someday, You Will Ache Like I Ache

It's moments like this that almost make me want to friend her on MySpace. Seriously.

Now, for years, I tried to be a Courtney defender. I remember how crazy and heartbroken she sounded that April in 1994. If your husband shot himself in the head, you'd go off the deep end too. Then, she released Live Through This, which was a great album. Granted, it was a Nirvana album. Any of you who think that Kurt DIDN'T write most of that album, particularly "Doll Parts", need to get your collective heads out of your asses, but I digress. I soon realized that the crazy and heartbroken was really just CRAZY. Bat shit crazy. Which makes her highly entertaining.

So, I read this latest rant of hers, and I've been laughing ever since. Now, granted, put aside the comedy gold of Courtney Love calling out Ryan Adams about being a fraud. I know, I know, you can barely breathe from the laughter. Take a minute, it's ok. Think about this, though. Courtney's never done anything original in her life, and Ryan is likely a drug-addled, fair-to-middlin' pop artist who borrows heavily from other artists (let's think about Gram Parsons for a while, shall we? Right.). The queen of rock unoriginality calling out the court jester of it. I love it. It's absurdist theater. If you can get through her above-linked rant, you will not be sorry. It's brilliant. I wish I'd written it; I'd be a millionaire fiction writer. My favorite part is the bit about stealing from Frances, and from the martyred hero, because, of course, Courtney hasn't spent ANY of that money on drugs or lipo or collagen.
you knew what they were doing to me and frances, and yet you just spent our money HER money in this specific case- does that makje youf eel like a big man ? stealing from a suicide? A MARTYRED HERO? fun for you. big man. wow. impressive.
Yeah well theres nothing good about suicide and i should know- but to take my near suicidal depression and use it on my daughters paying fo ryour shit record, you get the point you can find me im sure- and ill be happy to work out a payment plan (source)
I can't wait to see where this goes.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda thought that Cobain had a lot to do with Doll Parts as well. However, I remember a few years back that Ana Voog (of the webcam site Anacam) got to meet Courtney Love and that Love told Voog that she was the inspiration for the line "I want to be the girl with the most cake". Unfortunately her journal isn't searchable,but there's a little bit about it here. (Scroll down maybe 1/3 of the way.)

The other thing is that Doll Parts is not nearly as complex as most of Nirvana's stuff, so maybe Cobain helped out with some of the lyrics or the structure, but in retrospect I doubt he did the whole thing.

Do with it what you will.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

WOW, she is insane! That was something.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.