http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Friday, August 15, 2008

And The Thunder Rolled

A pretty intense thunderstorm just came through here. One of those cells with sheets of rain, hitting hard enough, it seems, to split the pavement, and thunder that sounded almost metallic. The way the old time radio sound effects guys would shake pieces of sheet metal to emulate the sound.

We've had a lot of these this summer, and although I'm a big fan of them generally, the other night, one came through, and it made me incredibly lonely. Part of the thrill is having someone there to "ooh" and "aah" with, and clutch at when a particularly ferocious lightning flash cuts through the night, and the subsequent crash shakes the windows. Someone to lay there and watch the patterns on the wall, listen to the rain fall, build in intensity, and then quiet down.

I just felt really single at that moment. Most of the time, I handle it beautifully. The other night, not so much.

Labels: , ,

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.