http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunny Day, Sweepin' the Clouds Away

When Oscar the Grouch is an invited guest at your wedding, and heckles you to boot, you can be assured you lead a charmed life.

Once upon a time, I thought I was going to work on Sesame Street, directing the episodes that brought me hours of joy as a child, and still do today, reminiscing (although, I'm still bitter about everyone knowing Snuffleupagus is real). I think the work I do now, however, really captures what I'm meant to be doing. But, when I was scanning the New York Times online this morning, and spotted the picture in the Weddings section with the bride, and groom, and Oscar, I was reminded of that quirky dream, and the creative and wondrous blessings working at the Children's Television Workshop could have brought into my life.

Oscar the Grouch at your wedding is a blessing; this I know.

And I laughed out loud for this couple. I don't know them, but their story made me happy this morning, so I'm sending it out to all of you, to share it.

I wonder if Oscar complained about the food?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sully said...

I wish the new Mr. and Mrs. Robinson well....

Wait a second.... Mrs. Robinson...

that rings a bell. ;)

6:19 PM  
Blogger formerly fun said...

I always loved Oscar, I'm a sucker for curmudgeons. That was touching, thanks.

12:35 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

A marriage that starts off with a touch of whimsy is always a good thing. Thanks for touching my soul tonight.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.