http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Morning In America


I'm still processing it all, and let me tell you what an incredibly powerful experience it was today, to be in a public school while this historic moment unfolds. The staff here were amazing, the students were engaged and excited, and I found myself crying at one point, watching President-elect Obama's speech again.

I said to my buddy Peter, who teaches social studies, when I was in his classroom for a bit today, watching Obama's and McCain's speeches again, and I asked him, was this the kind of day that you love being a social studies teacher, or do you even know where to begin. He said, both, and that's what I'm teaching them.

I have never been prouder to be an American. The great promise of our nation is returning to its full strength. Welcome to the dawning of a new day in our country.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.