http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Saturday, June 20, 2009

That Sound You Hear...

...is the sound of my brain synapses frying at the following dilemma. Ani DiFranco and Wilco are both coming to the Boston area next month, Lowell, MA, to be specific. On the same night. Now, I've never seen Wilco before, however, they are playing a minor league baseball stadium, with all general admission tickets. I've seen Ani four times, always good, unless it's a venue that's too big for her. She is playing an outdoor show in a fenced in area of a local park. This quote was floated to me last night, which started the dilemma: "I've always wanted to see Ani."

So, there are pros and cons to this scenario. The cons are clearly the venues for both artists. The great unknown in terms of quality. The possiblity of bad weather looms as well; it's not been a particularly sunny summer here thus far. Ani almost always plays the Orpheum in Boston in the fall; do I convince him to wait until then and see Ani in the venue she's really "meant" to be seen in, in favor of jumping on Wilco, a band that's on my top five list of bands it's practically CRIMINAL I haven't seen yet? Will Ani in November even be an option then?

At any rate, this is what I'm pondering on this cloudy Saturday morning. It's been YEARS since I've had a concert conflict of this magnitude. Decisions, decisions...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger yellojkt said...

A few years ago, U2 was playing Philly and Bruce Springsteen was on his Seegar tribute tour in Virginia. U2 won.

3:45 PM  
Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

FYI, Ani won ;) Certain elements to that evening that just could not be passed up.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.