http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Remembering Who You Are, Part 1


This little meme has been floating around facebook for a while, and yesterday, I decided to participate. "Social experiment: if you read this, even if we don't speak often, post a comment with a memory of you and me. It can be anything you want. When you're finished, post this paragraph on your own status." I threw it up on my status, and then walked away from my computer for the next 12 hours. The responses I saw, quite frankly, really, really touched me. Different friends and acquaintances put up some of the the smallest, but intimate memories of us, memories that in some cases, I was thrilled to see that the person who posted it remembered it the same way as well. I've gone back and read the status updates several times today, and I've decided to use each one as a blog entry. Telling each story, maybe giving a song or a picture for reference. So, without further ado, here's story number one.

Derek. "Finding out that you had a thing for JC"

Derek and I work together at my new job. The summer before I started there, I found out that an old high school crush, who I had also dated briefly, had also worked there. Over the course of the fall, I let this knowledge out to certain people. One day, I brought in a picture I had taken of JC at his high school graduation. The IT teacher and I decided to play a prank on him, and forwarded the picture. I also made a point of showing different people who had known him the photo. All were amazed that it was JC; "how do you know him?" was the universal questison. Most folks got the abbreviated version, including Derek, who also found it highly amusing that I "had a thing" for JC. Derek and I later connected on almost the very same topic JC and I first connected--the band The Cult. So, this song is for you, Derek. Thank you for being one of my memories.

P.S. The picture? JC, at the end of the year party for my school. It was great to reconnect again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.