http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Remembering Who You Are, Part 6

Of all my former workmates, I miss Vanessa a great deal.

Vanessa Wade Wehmeyer "Discovering in my interview that you were from Norwood, too =)" July 15 at 9:20pm

I didn't pick the resumes for candidates for school psychologist, but when I saw the address on hers reading "Norwood, MA", I was immediately intrigued. Turns out Vanessa was a bandie, and although she and I did not know each other in high school, as she's about 6 or 7 years younger than I am, she knew many of my younger bandie friends. Or, had at least heard the stories. I was particularly thrilled when she was hired to be the school psychologist in my building.

We developed a great working relationship during my last few years there, and became friends as well. Vanessa is kind, an excellent school psychologist, and is turning into a fantastic mother to boot. In fact, I found this little memory meme on her facebook page, and the memory I posted was about her telling me she was pregnant over lunch at a conference we were attending together. I was so excited for her. Poor woman had to go on bed rest for the last 2 1/2 months of that pregnancy, and I remember visiting her in the hospital and feeling so bad listening to her complain about how bored she was. Laying on your left side for 2 months will do that to you, I suppose. But, her daughter is lovely, and all worked out for the best. I wish we still worked together. So, thank you Vanessa, for being one of my memories, and having all sorts of Norwood memories in addition.

----------------
Now playing: Soul Coughing - Super Bon Bon
via FoxyTunes

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.