http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Sunday Morning Coming Down

It's a glorious one, too. a reward for the weeks and weeks of rain and dreariness we've been experiencing. The sky is a brilliant blue, with white clouds to inspire dreams, floating through the expanse. The street is quiet, the air is so fresh, it reminds me of being near the ocean. There's nothing to rush out and do today, so I'm still in my pj's, coffee at my side, and finding so many wonderful things to read this morning, I'm going to share them with you. I haven't done a link round-up in a long time; for a while, it was this blog's Sunday morning content, but I've fallen away from that. Maybe I just feel like sharing what moves me more these days.

So, to begin...

...although I in no way regret my concert choice for this Saturday night (Ani vs. Wilco and Ani won), this article with Wilco front man Jeff Tweedy certainly makes me eager to find a date to see them soon.

From Hullaballo, an impressive list of rock movie musicals. What made you happy it made the cut? Which ones would you have added/subtracted?

A profile on my all time favorite Sox player, Tim Wakefield. He's having a magnificent season this year, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Mary Oliver has long been one of my favorite poets. She writes with a language that is so vivid, and economical, and emotional all at once. I met her once; I have an autographed quote of hers, about the role of a poet in the modern world, framed in my bedroom. This article about Provincetown, the natural world that appears in her poetry, makes me want to jump in the car with a notebook, and a pen, and a collection of her works, and sit in the woods she has shown so much of to me over the years.

Finally, some music to entertain you while you read along. Hoping your Sunday morning is coming down as gloriously as mine.



Sunday Morning Coming Down - Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.