http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Friday, August 07, 2009

Think Of The Tender Things That We Were Working On

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it."
~Ferris Bueller

My words are currently all being used in service of processing the Paul McCartney concert last night, and I promise, I'll get to that on both of my blogs. For right now, however, I'm finding the world a little less funny, a little less angst-filled, a little less teenaged today, as the news that John Hughes, a filmmaker who CERTAINLY defined a generation, has died at the age of 59. So, some links for you to ponder.

CNN obituary.
Alternet profile, noteworthy for this paragraph:

His films were also notable for their choice of music, which helped propel bands such as "Simple Minds" and "Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark" to chart-topping success during the 1980s.

"I just used what I was listening to at the time, bands I liked," Hughes said in a rare 1999 interview. "It was my own personal taste."

The actors' points of view.
Spin's soundtrack moments. Then mine. I think I do a better job ;)

And finally, if you do nothing else today, watch this. It will do your heart good.

"You see us as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, and a criminal..."
~Brian Johnson

You saw us as we were...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.