http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday In The Afternoon, What Have You Got To Lose?

It would be completely remiss of me if I did not make SOME mention of the fact that this is the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. August 15-17, 1969. I don't know any adults who can claim to have been at the original; I do know that my mother and her friends were on their way to the festival, when reports of the traffic jams started coming through on the radio, and they turned around and came home. So Mom was "almost" at Woodstock.

That festival has always loomed large over my (and many of my friends') musical consciousnesses. We all know of the attempts to recreate the festival on the 25th and 30th anniversaries. I guess it just continues with the theme I've had this past week, of some times and memories being golden, and only happening once in a lifetime, and when they're gone, they're gone.

So, I give you a few reminisces of those muddy, rainy, tripped out days in '69.

Richie Havens



Joe Cocker



Jimi Hendrix



Suite: Judy Blue-Eyes - Crosby, Stills, and Nash

MP3 File

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.