http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Saturday, August 22, 2009

World's Worst Blogger Makes Amends

Seriously, I let a whole week go by without putting one word up here? I must be slipping in my old age. It's been a busy, weird week all around, however, and since much of the weirdness is not my story to tell, only to process and support, I'm kind of at a loss for words.

I've spent time with my family, had dinner with friends, seen Bruce Springsteen, and worked. A lot. More than an educator still on summer vacation should be working. In that regard, next week is much of the same, time with family, Bruce Springsteen (in Mansfield, MA this time, Sunday), and more work. These types of things make for boring blogs.

The myth of summer vacation dies quickly as you get older and older. I cannot remember the last time September rolled around, and I actually felt refreshed. In all honesty, I feel like the last school year has really yet to end, and the new one is a few short weeks away. One of these summers, I need to take a REAL vacation--rent a beach house, or fly somewhere interesting, and truly get AWAY. My jaunts to visit my friends are always fun, but exotic? No. But, away enough to qualify as not having spent all summer in Norwood and the surrounding environs doing nothing. Which, was great when you were 8; at nearly 38, it's kind of depressing.

Plus, people I care about are having major, major life stressors this summer. Bad mojo floating around, personal, financial, health wise. One friend staring down the barrel of the past, one with the present holding a gun to his head, and one friend seeing the future blur. Crazy from the heat, and there is nothing I can really do for any of them, except watch and wait, and be ready with the car keys should the need arise. I'm here, and I think that means more to some than others, but it is what it is, I suppose.

So here it is, the end of the summer, and I feel like mine never even really began. Such is the unmagnificent lives of adults.


----------------
Now playing: The National - Mistaken For Strangers
via FoxyTunes

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

It means a lot to me, baby.

Next summer, yes, a getaway!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.