http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Monday, September 07, 2009

Amen, Nick, Amen...

Keeping in touch with the things that help us feel alive – music, books, movies, even the theatre, if, mysteriously, you are that way inclined – becomes a battle, and one that many of us lose, as we get older; I don't think enough of our cultural pundits, people who write about that stuff for a living, fully understand this. It's one thing to have an opinion on Little Boots remixes if you earn your living hanging about in cyberspace; quite another if you're a full-time teacher with three kids.(source)

I'm begging you all to read this, today. I should put this up on my other site, too; in fact, I will cross post it, maybe with my other favorite quote from the article. Because those of you who know me well know that I live for the music I listen to every day. That I can define my life by the songs I'm listening to, and the artists I'm buying, and the playlists I make in my iTunes.

Plus, this is Nick Hornby saying this, and it was one of his books that inspired my other website, so, obviously, this is gospel to me.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger yellojkt said...

If Nick Hornby does a signing anywhere near me, I am taking off work to go to it.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.