http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, October 18, 2009

We Can Sleep On The Beach If We Ain't Got A Ride

This is a song from their first EP, which I did not previously have, and bought before leaving the venue last night. They closed the show with this song, and it just further proves why this band is a force to be reckoned with, and why they bring me such joy.

The show was short, as the House of Blues apparently still caters to the Euro-dance night that the club that stood in its place for years always did. But I wish all multiple act shows were as well oiled as that one. First band, Broadway Calls, hit the stage promptly at 6, broke down at 6:30, second band (Jesse Malin = DOUCHE) around 6:45, third band, Murder by Death, onstage by 7:50, and Gaslight by 9:00.

It was weird being at an all ages show again; the crowd was an interesting mix of people, and kudos to those two moms I saw standing off to the side while their upper middle and high school aged kids rocked out to the pop punk goodness all night.

But the Gaslight Anthem were fantastic. I love the sense of romance and big dreams from "the boys from Little Eden" that they constantly send out to their fans. I love the fact that "The 59 Sound" made me cry as I listened to it live, because although they don't know him, GA wrote a song about Andrew as poignant and as rousing as he would have wanted it to be.

But this song, the closing number, I stood there letting it wash over me, wishing Liz was with me to hear this song, because, if she doesn't already have it, it will become her latest song crush. It certainly is mine.

"I'll love you forever,
if I ever love at all,
with wild hearts,
blue jeans, and white t-shirts..."

Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts - The Gaslight Anthem

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger yellojkt said...

I am so psyched to see them this Thursday.

10:20 PM  
Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

You will not be disappointed; they put on a great show.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.