http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gracie Girl


so cute it's scary, originally uploaded by crau1971.

Many of you know that I have a new niece, Grace. She's 6 1/2 months old, and she is light of my family's life. She is bubbly and bright, and everyone who meets her absolutely loves her.

Including her doctors at Children's Hospital.

Gracie, unfortunately, hasn't been a stranger to Children's. She was diagnosed in utero as having a kidney defect. She's already had one surgery to attempt to correct it, and just recently, was put on an antibiotic to prepare her for a second surgery to repair damage to her bladder and kidney. All other systems functioning well, which, is a blessing. This weekend, Gracie had a rare allergic reaction to that antibiotic, and is currently "stable and comfy", according to her mother, in the Children's Hospital ICU. She has blisters near her eyes, and in her mouth, and those were causing her airway to be obstructed, which is why she's in the ICU today. She's a fighter, though. But this is scary, scary times for our family.

She'll be in the hospital for a while, and I just wanted to let you all know this, so that you can send her your good thoughts and prayers. She, and her mom and dad and brothers, not to mention the rest of my family, need them. Besides, she is so cute it's scary.

1 Comments:

Blogger courtney said...

Update from this morning: she was sitting up, trying to play with her toes, and her dolly. Mom and Dad say she's feeling a little better this morning.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.