http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In Which I Admit To All Of My Women Friends How "Anti-Woman" I Really Am

By admitting, no, I take that back, CELEBRATING the fact that I hate Oprah. Have for years. Her book club of mediocre fiction, occasionally sprinkled with a less-worthy later work from a legendary writer (i.e. Toni Morrision), her damn magazine, her saccharine empathy, all of it. She makes me keep my television turned off in the afternoon for fear I'll actually catch her show. The last time I watched, under duress mind you, was when Ellen DeGeneres was on, talking about playing second fiddle on her cover this past holiday season. The best part about that show was the segment on Ellen and Portia's wedding, but I'm going to praise any accepting, positive depiction of gay marriage on television, and not simply because Oprah told me it was ok. I hate Oprah.

And, apparently, this columnist does as well.

I read each of Jennifer's with a "yes, yes, RESOUNDING YES," falling from my lips as I went through each point. The fat hater comment was particularly interesting. Combined with her perpetual non-relationship with Steadman, and her sucking up to celebrities, it's clear that Oprah really does hate herself, on a deep level, and the show and the magazine and the cult of personality is just her way of not dealing with self-loathing.

There. I said it. You can start the anti-woman chanting now. I can take it. As I am not anti-woman, nor do I hate myself. And neither you or Oprah can convince me otherwise. :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawna said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

No ranting from me. I can't stand her, either!

6:30 PM  
Blogger courtney said...

Welcome back, Georgia. You've been missed. :)

6:30 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

Thank you, Courtney. That deleted comment was me. Still getting use to my new laptop and it's ultra-sensitive mouse pad!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.