http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Clowns to the Left of Me, Jokers to the Right...

Stuck in the middle. That's what today feels like, and I'm not alone. Sometimes, Wednesday just FEELS like a hump. Smack dab in the middle of some long slog of a week, you're tired, unmotivated, cranky, just off in all kinds of ways.

It started out well; as I approached the drive-through window to get my coffee this morning, I was greeted with the sentence, "Julie paid for it." Julie, my sister's soon-to-be sister-in-law, often is right in front of me in line; our timing is like that. So, that was great, a little good karma to start the day off on a positive jam. But then, fielding a morning full of parent complaints, horrible weather, and a long meeting with the parent I affectionately dub "Queen of the Cook-a-toos", I was toast by 3:00. I literally had to force myself off of the couch to go to the gym today, and even then, I shortened my workout. Just enough to make it feel like I did "something" productive. I texted Liz, to get some moral support, and she's in the exact same spot today. We laughed as we both wished for a life where all we had to do was sit on our couches and relax.

It's just one of those Wednesdays. Hang in there, everyone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.