http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Changes in Attitude

This afternoon, I went on a job interview. Now, I was not actively looking for a new position; however, the ending to this school year has been challenging beyond belief, and I did tell my principal, regarding a certain insane staff member, that I would not work with this individual next year, and please read between the lines on that statement. But, I never expected to have to call in that bluff.

Until, I was called, out of the blue, to interview for a job in the neighboring town.

Clearly the universe was telling me something there. Initially, I thought it was handing me my "out"; the chance to say, "see, I told you to take me seriously!" But, as the interview grew closer, and I continued to work in my current job, I realized that wasn't what the universe was telling me at all.

What the universe decided to show me with this random interview for a job that is mine to lose, quite frankly, was the opportunity to clarify in my head what I wanted out of my job, my career, and where was I going to best be able to accomplish that. And, in spite of all the current drama, and lack of support from my principal, I realize that my current position is where I'm supposed to be right now. I still have too much to accomplish, too much I want to change in my building, work that's unfinished. I'm not ready to move away from there yet. The time is not right for that major change in my life. Not yet, anyway.

So, although it was a very successful interview, I know in my heart that I do not want to change my position. But that doesn't mean I don't want things there to change.

Sometimes, the universe throws you a bone.

Changes In Latitude, Changes In Attitude - Jimmy Buffett

MP3 File

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.