http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Monday, July 05, 2010

Du´n Aonghasa


Cliffs at Dun Aoghnas, originally uploaded by crau1971.

500 foot drop to the Atlantic. Ancient Celtic fort on Inis Mor, one of the Aran Islands. Beautiful, wild place.

Feeling a little more acclimated, although I'm still having trouble falling asleep. Once I'm asleep, it's fine; I go straight through until morning. Perhaps it's the extra two hours of daylight that happens in this country; perhaps it's lingering anxiety, possibly it's both. The days are certainly busier now; today, we saw a school in Galway, Scoil Chaitri´ona Renmore, a senior level primary school. Essentially, grades three through six. Primary schools are run by local Boards of Management, under a patron, and that is still largely religious institutions; this one we visited can best be described as a public Catholic school. They operate under a Catholic ethos, and teach religion every day. Parents of non-Catholic students can opt their children out of the class, BUT, the school does not provide work for them; they have to bring their own things to do during that period. I'm still processing the amazing differences in special education services. Trying to narrow my focus for the paper that's due a week from Thursday, and I'm stumped.

Tomorrow is a long day of lectures and meeting our Irish teacher counterparts. Wednesday is a tour of North West Connemara, so there will be more pictures then.

Off to try and make myself tired... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.