http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Making Something "Yours"


Best snacks here, originally uploaded by crau1971.

This is the side wall to Ward's Corner Store and Sandwich Shop, which was on University Road, right in between NUI-G's main gate and the Cathedral of Our Lady Assumed Into Heaven. I discovered this lovely little spot my first day of classes, and I think I went there for lunch almost every day we were on campus. The staff were super friendly, the food was delicious, they had these great €2.99 sandwiches on baguettes that were the perfect cheap lunch. Plus, they sold candy, snacks, water, other little staples like that, and you could sit outside on their patio when the weather was good, eating and watching other Galwegians come in for their favorite sandwich.

I found myself missing Ward's terribly yesterday, when I couldn't figure out what I wanted for lunch, and realized I was craving the chicken tikka with rocket leaves sandwich.

One of many little things I loved about Galway.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.