http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, October 17, 2010

And Her Hair Came Over Her Shoulder

The Galway girls and I got together last night, at the Black Rose in Boston. There was live music. There were many drinks. There was a young man in the corner, in a brown moleskin blazer, white button down shirt, and jeans, alone, singing along. Galway swooped in and bestowed its magic on the room, as after a time, the young man and I were talking (and, lo and behold, he's from County Galway, too). Then flirting. Then kissing in the middle of the bar. Then dancing, twirling and dipping, and kissing some more. That lovely, lilting, soft Galway accent, and those sparkling eyes. Hypnotic almost, but sometimes being true to yourself not only involves dancing with abandon in the middle of a bar, but going home to yourself as well.

And then, it was over. Not a dream, but not likely to happen again. This may have been one of the songs we danced too, and we danced to many last night. So, to Pete, with the curragh tattoo, and the beautiful smile, and the great moves on the floor (fake it till you make it...and we made it look good), You were quite the dream. Go mbeire muid beo ar an am seo aris...

Black Velvet Band - The Dubliners

MP3 File

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's just best to let the magical moment be a magical moment.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.