http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Friday, October 15, 2010

I Wish Those Days Would Come Back Once More

We had family dinner and game night at my sister's house tonight. Rallying around my mother, who had a death in her extended family, we made tacos and chili, which is a favorite feast. Later on, there was dessert, and a game called Apples to Apples, which my nephews loved playing. Gracie just liked playing with the cards.

Before the card game, though, there was dancing. My little niece is beginning to walk, and she likes to "dance". She holds on to something and wiggles her little bum and waves her hand around wildly, and does something that looks like the cabbage patch. She yells at you if you don't dance, too. So, we had dancing. My sister put this song on and said, "Gracie you love this song, this is one of your best." And sure enough, her face brightened, the bum wiggled and the head shook and hands waved.

A really lovely simple evening with some of my favorite people.

I Wish - Stevie Wonder

MP3 File

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.