http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Big Lake They Call Gitche Gumee

Today is the 35th anniversary of the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. You can read the story here. This song is a family "favorite" of sorts; my parents were both big Gordon Lightfoot fans, and my father, a fisherman and hunter, always enjoyed this particular tune. I couldn't tell you why; maybe the historical context, the drama, who knows? But, we grew up hearing this song, and he used a lyric in an article he wrote about nearly being shipwrecked himself: "Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

So, for my weird little family :) here's our weird little song.



The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Easy said...

I did not know this video existed!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.