http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Monday, November 08, 2010

I Can't Seem To Get You Off My Mind



Hear Me Calling (live) - Bob Mould

I took this video with my little point and shoot camera almost exactly three years ago tonight, 11/5/07. This evening's performance at The Met will be my 20th(?) time attending a Bob Mould show. At LEAST 20. It's probably more; I lost official count sometime in 2006 ;)

In all seriousness, Bob may be one of my favorite musicians of all time. So many songs of his feature into so many moments of my life. He's made me laugh, cry, sing and scream at the top of my lungs, and, I'm even privileged to call him "friend". In fact, I emailed him via Facebook to tell him I'd be at this show tonight, as it was a new venue and I'd just been there for the Hold Steady, and he emailed me back, "great, I'll look out for you." Our traditional hug and kiss, and short conversation will ensue. A great show, with lots of favorites, and a real recharge for my spirit. Every time.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's funny, just in the (relatively) short time i've been reading your blogs the number of posts that have been about Bob Mould shows. :) Hope it was great!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.