http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Friday, November 19, 2010

I Didn't Know That We Could Break A Silver Lining

This song sums up perfectly the arc of one of the most significant relationships of my life, one that continues today, in an altered, but no less important form. Too bad it was released probably 10 years after the "relationship" (if it ever was that) ended.

What remains these days is a deep, abiding intense friendship, which comes and goes in waves. Six months, a year sometimes, would pass without a word, then a flurry of communication. The last year has been pretty consistent via email. This is one of many songs, including yesterday, that I use to sort out who we are to each other in my head. His contribution to the soundtrack is its own complete album, I think.

The impossibility of it all kept us near to each other in the beginning, most likely. When years, a decade had passed, and we were still in each other's lives, still connected, still important, that's when it solidified in my head that it was more than just a fling. So many details, so many stories. So much help given when I never expected it. The voice on the phone telling me, "forget about Christmas, you just need to GET OUT. Stop kidding yourself." It's a book, for certain, but for now, it's this song.

And i knew then it would be a life long thing, but i didn't know that we could break a silver lining...

A Sorta Fairytale - Tori Amos


MP3 File

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.