http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Songs to Be Thankful For, Day 2: We're Doing Pretty Good If We Can Just Get Out Alive

This has nothing to do with the song I'm about to post, but I had to share. I've been regularly practicing yoga since the end of August. A great small studio, with wonderful instructors, and I'm starting to see improvements in my practice. Plus, I'm better able to calm myself when stressed, which is so important to me this year. Today, in class, I NAILED a pose that has been a problem for me to fully realize. Me, in Tree, both sides, for the whole minute. I was pumped.

I was also pumped the first time I heard this song. Lucero opened for The Drive-by Truckers back in April. I'd heard OF them, but never HEARD them. Well, two songs in and I was blown away. I went to Newbury Comics and picked up "1372 Overton Park", and later "That Much Further West". Great, gritty, bluesy rock and roll, with a gravel-toned, inked up hottie at the helm. What's not to like about that?

So, without further ado, Lucero, with "Smoke". This song is a fantastic story.

Smoke - Lucero

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.