http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Saturday, December 18, 2010

A 365 to 40 Holiday, Day 18: Who Laughs This Way, Ho Ho Ho?

Anyone watching this video, that's who!!

When MJ first told me about this album, I was skeptical. Later, I read a comment about it attached to an online review that described it as "Christmas has been hijacked by hoboes". And whereas, I'll give that commenter that gritty vision, I will add a certain romantic charm to it, hoboes sitting around a campfire, a battered guitar, a sense of community. The entire Christmas album is just lovely, and I will feature another softer song from it later in the countdown.

This song, and the accompanying video, is Christmas hijacked by the polka, It makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. It will make you laugh, too, and tap your feet and want to get up and dance.

Only a year old, and it's made the pantheon, so that also speaks to the strength of this song. Plus, it's a great Christmas party song, and tonight is my friend Kristian's party, which is always a highlight of the season.

Must Be Santa - Bob Dylan

MP3 File

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.